#OTOMTG23 Simulation Events
The simulation events at the Annual Meeting offer an interactive, hands-on format to enhance surgical skills training.
The following events are sponsored by the AAO-HNSF Simulation Education Committee.
Worst-Case Scenarios Managing OTO Emergencies in Practice Workshop
12:00 – 5:00 pm (CT), Sunday, October 1, Vanderbilt University – Center for Experiential Learning and Assessment
This hands-on workshop is geared toward preparing practicing otolaryngologists for low-frequency, high stakes emergency situations that may not occur often in their daily routines. The scenarios will enhance decision-making skills, effective communication, and team leadership.
Watch the top three most innovative simulation project authors present to a panel of expert judges and compete for cash prizes. Simulation projects are judged on innovation and creativity, scalability throughout the specialty, and advancement of training and practice in the field of otolaryngology. These exemplary projects are selected from the 2023 Call for Simulation Proposals.
Simulation Reception and Showcase
The Simulation Reception and Showcase immediately follows SIM Tank and provides an opportunity for simulation scholars to demonstrate their innovative otolaryngology simulators, projects, and curriculum.
With nearly 25 sessions to choose from, topics ranged from cochlear malformations in your hand, endoscopic surgery of the pediatric airway using 3D simulation models, advanced ultrasonography techniques, and more!
Session Titles Include:
- 3D Printing in Otolaryngology Practice: Where Simulation Meets Patient Care
- 3-Dimensional Planning of Mandibular Reconstruction: Hands-on Approach with Live Demonstration
- 3-Dimensional Planning of Maxillary Reconstruction: Hands-on Approach with Live Demonstration
- A Puzzling Night on Call: An Otolaryngology Escape Room Experience?
- Applying techniques for Mandibular Fracture repair
- Challenging Airway Bronchoscopy: Dos and Don’ts for a Successful Procedure
- Choosing and Applying Techniques for Maxillo-Mandibular Fixation
- Clinic Catastrophes: How to Simulate (and Survive) Office-based Emergencies
- Custom Oral Appliances by ENT for Comprehensive Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Cutting Edge Feedback: Framework for Feedback Following Surgical Procedures
- Ear Framework Creation for Microtia Reconstruction
- Effective Management of Auricular Hematoma: Hands-on Experience with the Experts
- Emergency Airway Management for Medical Students: Oto Chautauqua LIVE!
- Endoscopic Pediatric Airway Surgery Using 3 D Printed Models
- Hands-On Office Laryngology Procedures
- Hands-On Slide Tracheoplasty Techniques Using 3D Printed Simulation Models
- Implicit Bias Affects Us All: Simulation and Panel Discussion
- Masterclass in Frontal Sinus Dissection Using 3D Printed Simulation Models
- Maxillo-Mandibular Plating in a Live Saw Bones Lab
- Mucosal Lasers in Otolaryngology: CO2, Nd:YAG, and TruBlue. Why/How?
- Oral Appliance Therapy Made Simple in Your Comprehensive Sleep Practice
- Pediatric Inducible Laryngeal Obstruction: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Hands-On Simulation
- Practicing Open Reduction Internal Fixation of ZMOC fractures
- R for Data Analysis: Useful Tools for Otolaryngologists & Researchers
- Simulating Tracheostomy Emergencies: Building Confidence and Competence
- Tap-Tap: Endonasal and Percutaneous Nasal Osteotomy Techniques on 3D-Printed Models